Data Protection Notice
Data Protection Notice, Department of Physics, University College Cork
At University College Cork (UCC), we treat your privacy seriously. Any personal data which you provide to the University will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, in accordance with Irish and European Data Protection legislation. This notice sets out details of the information that we collect, how we process it and who we share it with. It also explains your rights under data protection law in relation to our processing of your data.
Throughout this Notice, “we”, “us” and “our” refers to the Department of Physics, University College Cork. For more information about us, please refer to our website: http://physics.ucc.ie/
We collect your data from you when you contact the Department of Physics by email, phone, post or in person. It will be used by us only in accordance with the purposes outlined in this notice.
Any personal data you provide to us via email, phone, post or in person will be processed fairly and lawfully.
It will be used for the purposes of sending you information, via email or post, about events, publications, workshops, seminars and educational courses.
The Data Protection Acts allows us to process your data because you have provided your explicit consent. You are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time. If you do withdraw your consent, the Department of Physics will no longer process your personal data and will take steps to delete all reference to your data securely.
Your data will not be shared with any third parties.
In keeping with the data protection principles we will only store your data for as long as is necessary.
You have various rights under data protection law, subject to certain exemptions, in connection with our processing of your personal data, including the right:
- to find out if we use your personal data, access your personal data and receive copies of your personal data;
- to have inaccurate/incomplete information corrected and updated;
- in certain circumstances, to have your details deleted from systems that we use to process your personal data or have the use of your personal data restricted in certain ways;
- to object to certain processing of your data by UCC;
- to exercise your right to data portability where applicable (i.e. obtain a copy of your personal data in a commonly used electronic form;
- where we have relied upon consent as a lawful basis for processing, to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- to not be subject to solely automated decision;
If you wish to avail of these rights, please write to: The Information Compliance Manager, University College Cork, 4 Carrigside, College Road, Cork (or email firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have any queries in relation to your data please contact a member of the Department of Physics on email@example.com or Tel: +353 (0)21 4902468.
If you have any complaints in connection with our processing of your personal data, you can contact UCC’s Information Compliance Manager: Information Compliance Manager, Office of Corporate & Legal Affairs, University College Cork, Western Road, Cork E: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +353 21 4903949
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission if you are unhappy with our processing of your personal data. Details of how to lodge a complaint can be found on the Data Protection Commission’s website (www.dataprotection.ie), or by telephoning 1890 252 231.